Visited the Rome this summer and blow up my chance to see the dolphins. Anyways, it is on my list for the next visit in Rome, so here you have all the details I got about it.
Zoomarine is an entertainment park located in Via Zara snc, Torvaianica (Pomezia), Roma. A lot of shows and options to entertainment are available, but the one that I (and you) am interested in is the Emozzione Delfini show. Emozzione Delfini is a control approach program in which you get the opportunity to get to know dolphins under the careful supervision of biologists and trainers.
There are anyways shows for everyone available too, and here you have one video that present a such a show:
The reservation needs to be done 1 day in advance.
Ticket price: 150EUR/person; it includes admission to the park + T-shirt + slippers flip flops + bag with logo Emotion Dolphins + video + photo + 3 pantry teaching coffee break + certificate of participation.
Duration of the program: 90 minutes.
Requirements: good physical condition
Children from 6 to 8 years of age have to be accompanied by a paying adult.
The program is organized for small groups, maximum 6 persons. The group will be accompanied and guided for the duration of the program by 1 biologist at the Department of Education and Science of Zoomarine. The session involves the following steps:
1. Welcome: The meeting point is at the Dolphins Shop inside the stadium Island Dolphin where a biologist will welcome the participants.
2. Teaching session: During the teaching session, which will take place in a classroom equipped with audio-video, posters and a 3D model of a dolphin, the biologist will explain morphological, ecology and behavior of the animal species that participants are going to meet, and introduce the training philosophy of Zoomarine.
3. Preparation: Each participant will be given shoes and changes that must be returned at the end of the program. Before putting on the suit is required to take a shower disinfectant. Customers will be repeated to follow the rules of conduct for the respect and safety of the animals and staff. Anyone who does not comply with at least one of rules will be removed from the area.
4. Practical Session: The participants once they enter the water, will gather at the center of tank but remain within an area bounded by a lane where the floating depth is approx. 70 cm. The people, therefore, will be able to see up close the animal
but they can not get in touch with him. The biologist will explain to the group the biological characteristics of dolphins and whales in general and the trainer will explain the techniques and aims of the training. The participants will be able to play with the dolphin signals through instructional games and thrown into the water. In addition, each customer will make a photo next to the animal. The session will last a total of 30 minutes (no extensions will be allowed of time) and in the end the participants greet the animals and trainers.One photographer and one cameraman Zoomarine resume the session in the water.
5. Delivery gadgets: The delivery will take place within the Gadget Shop Dolphins at 15:00 of the day in which the program is carried out.
You can reach the park by free shuttle, by bus or by car.
By Free Shuttle
There is a free shuttle booking from Termini Station. You can book for free on www.escursoniroma.it a plce in front of Terra Café at Termini station. In the season (July-August) the shuttle is available all day. If you visit Rome out of season, check for the bus schedule online on Zoomarine website: http://www.zoomarine.it/Location.aspx.
By Car From Rome:
Take Grande Raccordo Anulare, exit 26 Pontina (SS148), direction Latina.
Go on for 10 km until Pomezia-Torvaianica exit.
Follow provincial road 101/A direction Torvaianica and continue following signs for Zoomarine until the parking.
By Car From South
Pomezia-Torvaianica exit on SS Pontina (SS 148) Follow provincial road 101/A direction Torvaianica and continue following signs for Zoomarine until the parking.
It is possible to catch Cotral buses from Rome (Laurentina Metro station) or from main Lazio locality, direction Pomezia-Torvaianica, Piazza Italia’s stop.
To request a transport service from Piazza Ungheria to Zoomarine, you can find more information on www.cotralspa.it
Hope you will enjoy the show.